- How can I make payment for a job?
You can pay with Cash, Cheque, Credit Card or EFT.
- What’s the process to get a dog door installed?
We first have to measure the opening, then discuss the pet door size you require, then we order the new safety glass with a hole, once that arrives we make a suitable time to install the glass & fit the pet door usually this takes 3-5 working days.
- How long does it take to fix a window?
Most windows vary and on a average they take about 1 hour.
- What is the difference between the safety glass available?
Toughened safety glass that is the strongest, but when it breaks it shatters into small fragments and leaves a opening exposed to the elements (click to see Toughened glass break)
Laminated glass is 2 layers of glass with a PVB interlayer between them, a popular safety glass as when it breaks it stays solid and in tack except where the hole might be, still safe until you have time to replace it (click to see Laminated glass break)
The other and now mainly outdated is wire cast glass it has a layer of wire inserted in it, very common in older factories.
- What type of silicon should I use when installing glass?
We prefer to use non acetic or neutral cure silicons, as the other silicon’s eat the laminated interlayer in the glass, and also eats away the backing when sticking mirror to a wall, it shows through with blob marks.
- Can I get a piece of glass and install it myself?
Yes, we recommend that you bring in a piece of broken glass so we can get you the same type, just measure the width and height, and we can supply what you need. Usually while you wait.
- How much tolerance should I allow when I measure up a window?
Usually when there is a rebate (it’s where the glass rests against) we measure the tight / largest size and deduct 5-7mm just in case the frame is out of square, a little also some tape measures have a tolerance difference.
- Why do I have to put safety glass in a doorway, or bathroom if it wasn’t there originally?
We have to reglaze glass to the current Australian Safety Standards, so bathrooms & doorways and some window (certain impact positions) usually require safety glass.
- Can you cut toughened safety glass?
No the glass has been treated and can’t be modified at all.